Hendricks Co Family Law Attorney Helps Clients Successfully Deal with Parental Relocation After a Divorce

Getting divorced can mean starting all over again. For this reason, many of those who get divorced often want to move and begin their new life somewhere else, away from old memories, to truly create a fresh start. In the state of Indiana, there’s no prohibition against parental relocation. One parent can move to wherever he or she wants whether the divorce case is going on or is finished. Problems do arise, however, when the relocating parent wants to take one or more of the children. This situation can make divorce proceedings very complicated, and it is crucial to have an experienced lawyer to help you get through it. Indiana’s Family Lawyer

James L. Lowry has over 40 years of experience dealing with such cases, and has a proven record of success for his clients.

Relocation in the State of Indiana

What is Parental Relocation?

The term “relocation” regarding divorce basically is a notice of change for the residence of either party. You have to make this clear before you move. In Indiana, you will be allowed to move if every party agrees and is happy with the change.

The judge decides on this type of case by determining what’s in the best interests of the child, and must consider the parent-child relationships, the child’s age and how the child will be impacted by the move, the child’s wishes, the reason and purpose of the relocation, the opportunities that arise from the move, the health of the parents and child, and both parent’s financial situations.

If there is someone who isn’t happy with the move, the parent that wants to move needs to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it is in the best interest of the child. Either way, you need to have a top-notch divorce attorney to help you win your case.

Call James L. Lowry Today

Contact our Indiana Divorce Attorney at his Danville office today at (317)745-4408 to begin discussing your parental relocation case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *